Keltum

Showing the single result

    Showing the single result

    History
    The history of the Keltum brand starts in 1777 at the age-old Koninklijke Van Kempen & Begeer. This is characterized on the one hand by its traditional craftsmanship, and on the other by modern, contemporary products and techniques. In 1777 Johannes Mattheüs van Kempen was apprenticed to become a silversmith.
    In 1789 he was accepted as a master in the guild with which he was allowed to use his own master mark. A centuries-old tradition in craftsmanship started when his sons Pieter Johannes and Johannes Matthew also opted for the silver trade. At the opening of a new factory in Voorschoten, the Netherlands, in June 1858, the company of King Willem III received the designation “Royal”.

    By ensuring that they could introduce new skills or working methods, Van Kempen expanded his organization further and further.
    This is how the English system for making spoons and forks was created. The company started to export internationally and offices were opened abroad.

    In addition, the Dutch East Indies was one of the largest sales areas. After the death of J.M. van Kempen III in 1877 his youngest son J.M. van Kempen IV the leader of the company. The business had grown into an industrial company.

    In 1936, the first silver-plated items were produced under the name Keltum.

    To this day, Koninklijke Van Kempen & Begeer and Keltum offer quality and refinement by combining craftsmanship, modern design and contemporary production techniques.